My Website Doesn't Load
Posted by Support Agent on 28 June 2016 01:51 PM
There are many reasons why your website might not load. Here are few of them:
1. Your DNS haven't been updated
It can take up to 24 hours for most DNS providers. Sometimes it takes more time for some DNS providers/registrars to update your DNS entries or nameservers. A great tool to check if your DNS has been updated or not is http://intodns.com
2. Your A entry is wrong
1) If you are using private nameservers, click on "Actions" -> "Edit DNS" to see your DNS zone hosted with us. Make sure your A entries are set up correctly.
2) If you are using registrar's DNS or DNS providers, make sure your A/CNAME (for www or other subdomains) is set up correctly
3. Your nameservers/A entry's IP has a typo
Sometimes it might happen that you have a typo in the IP you inserted to your registrar or DNS host. Make sure your IP matches the IP you used for your domain in our dashboard.
4. I just added my domain and it doesn't work or it shows my old site
If you have accessed your domain before adding it to the network, there's a chance that your computer's/browser's cache is still using the old IP. Try connecting to your domain from another PC or web browser.
5. Ping your IP
It's possible that your IP is offline. Try pinging it and see if it answers. If it doesn't answer (times out) then the IP is offline and requires us to activate it. If it's offline, please open a support ticket as soon as possible so we can fix it for you.
6. If nothing works, contact us
You can always contact our support team who will tell you exactly what's wrong and will help you to solve it.